Getting Started - Money
Using the App:
- Personal Settings Personal settings allows you to expand results to reflect your individual situation.
For example a loan payment could be expressed as the number of hours worked. Setup
your personal settings by touching the “Personal Settings” tab at the top of the screen.
- You can turn the personal settings on or off. We suggest turning them on.
- Select the item from the drop down menu. For example select “Hours Worked”. If you
have a business you can select a common item you sell. If it is not on the list choose
other and type it in.
- Enter the value of a single item. For example type in $10 if you make $10 per hour.
- Touch home to take you to the home screen. There are 5 different types of calculations the app will make. You can choose
which you want from the home screen. To use the app you will need to:
- First fill in the information in the gray boxes by touching the box and then typing
- Once all boxes are filled in touch calculate to get your results
- Expand the results by touching the + sign.
- The 5 types of calculations. You can choose them by touching home and then the item.
You can also move between them by selecting them from the bottom of the screen. The
5 types of calculations are:
- Savings Amount: This calculates how many dollars you will have in savings at a particular time.
You type in the interest rate, years you have to save, any amount you have saved now
and how much you will save each month.
- Savings Payment: This calculates how much you will need to save each month to reach your savings
goal. You type in the interest rate, years you have to save, any amount you have
saved now, and how much you will need in savings at the end.
- Paying for a Loan: This will calculate your monthly payment for a loan. This can also be used to find
out how much you would need to pay on a credit card to have it paid off in a set amount
of time. You will provide the interest rate, how many years you will pay it off in,
how much you owe or an item will cost, and the amount of a down payment if any.
- How Much Can I Afford: This will tell you the most you can borrow or pay for something given how much you
can pay each month. You will provide the interest rate, the number of years you will
take to pay the loan back, the amount of your down payment, and the amount you can
afford to pay each month. This could be used to find out how expensive of a house
or car you could buy.
- Pay Off Credit Card: This will tell you how long it will take you to pay off a credit card. You provide
the interest rate, the balance you owe, and how much you will pay each month.